"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others, for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness, and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

Search

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ready, Set, gorgeous! First Impression

Hey ladies !! So I picked up the Ready, set gorgeous line from cover girl and was super excited to try it out. I've never actually used any type of foundation from cover girl so this is completely new to me. This will be just a first impression but I will continue using the items and then do a follow up post on how I am like the products. 

So the items in this line include:

-Ready, set gorgeous fresh complexion foundation 210 medium beige
-Ready, set gorgeous concealer 215-220 medium
-Ready, set gorgeous fresh complexion foundation powder 205-210 light medium

Top- foundation 
Bottom- concealer



The claims for these items are:
-Ready, set gorgeous fresh complexion foundation: "one simple step for a flawless, natural look that last all day. This formula blends easily to even skin tone and reduce shine all day. Oil free, won't clog pores, suitable for sensitive skin, & last all day."
-Ready, set gorgeous concealer: "helps conceal dark circles & imperfections in an instant! The lightweight formula glides on smoothly, blends easily, and last all day. Oil free, won't clog pores, & dermatologically tested."
-Ready, set gorgeous fresh complexion foundation powder: "powder foundation covers like a liquid makeup to help even skin tone for a natural look. Extra fine oil-absorbing powders control shine. Oil free & won't clog pores." 

-Ready, set gorgeous fresh complexion foundation- I applied this with a flat top brush, I did one application and the coverage was light. My skin showed through but it covered up some of my redness. I then applied a second application and it was a medium coverage. The liquid is light on the skin but covers up minor imperfections nicely. All my redness was covered but I did have a blemish that was still a bit visible. Over all I like the application and the feel of this foundation on the skin it almost feels like there is nothing on my face which is great ! 
Before:
(Excuse my swollen face I'm two days from giving birth so I'm swollen all over lol) 
After 1application: flash
No flash
As you can see the redness is covered up and so are most of my dark spots near my eyes. 

2 applications: no flash 
Little to No redness and my blemish is gone atleast in the photo. 

-Ready, set gorgeous concealer: I applied this concealer in dots under my eyes, in the inner corners of my eyes, lids, on my chin, bridge of my nose, sides of my nose and my forehead. It is very lightweight and easy to blend it doesn't feel heavy at all and over all covers and brights nicely. The color does not match the foundation so becareful when picking out your color all thought this concealer has a higher number the the foundation it is definitely lighter in color which was what I wanted. 
With flash 
Covered up pretty nicely, nothing to heavy and it looks very natural, no you can see a slight but of redness near my nose but it's not very noticeable in person and I actually don't mind. My skin still comes throught the products which makes it look very natural. 
-Ready, set gorgeous fresh complexion foundation powder- this powder is nice, it's a little powdery so becareful with application but over all it sets nicely and doesn't look caked on the face. This is a first impression though so I would like to try it on it's own to see how much coverage it has. One thing I didn't like too much was that the powder does transfer on to my fingers so it doesn't sink into your skin too much and may need so touching up later in throughout the day. 

Competed face with some blush and mascara for a simple makeup look (flash) 


Blush- Tarte Dazzled 
Mascara- Maybelline One by One
Lips- MAC See Sheer 

I hope you find this helpful and I'll be doing another review as I continue to use these products, I have a good feeling about them but I want to use them more and during the day to see how well they actually last. 

Xoxo 
Jessica Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment